Powered By Blogger

Saturday 13 August 2016

Messi Back in The National Team

Messi: Why I Returned For Argentina
FC Barcelona superstar, Lionel Messi, has explained why he decided to return to the Argentina national side.

The 29-year-old initially announced his retirement after missing a penalty in the Copa America final loss to Chile in July.

However, the Barcelona forward announced on Friday that he will return to the national side ahead of their World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay and Venezuela.

"A lot of things went through my head the day of the last final and I seriously thought about quitting, but I love this country and this shirt too much," Messi said in a statement.

"I thank all the people who want me to keep playing with Argentina, I hope we can soon deliver them some joy."

The five-time Ballon d'Or winner is Argentina's all-time record scorer with 55 goals and has notched up 113 appearances.
New Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza revealed he had a brief conversation with the Barcelona forward, and reveals they only spoke about football.

"I see there are lots of problems in Argentine football and I do not want to create another," Messi said through a statement released on Friday evening.

"I do not want to cause any harm, I have always tried to do the opposite and help wherever I could.

"We have to fix a lot of things in Argentine football, but I'd rather do that from the inside and not criticising from the outside."

Argentina are preparing for their World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay and Venezuela.

No comments:

Post a Comment