Powered By Blogger

Monday 8 August 2016

Captain my Captain Kekana for Mamelodi Sundowns

Kekana Named Sundowns Captain
Hlompho Kekana has been given the responsibility of captaining Mamelodi Sundowns after taking over the armband from former teammate, Ramahlwe Mphalele.

The 31-year-old is a vital component of Pitso Mosimane’s side and is seen as a leading figure amongst the Brazilians.

Mamelodi Sundowns have confirmed that the midfielder will sport the captain’s armband as Mosimane’s side look to continue their winning ways.

“I really did not see this coming. I know that I am an emotional player and have invested my soul in football. I always want to win and this is the spirit in the rest of the team. I have done much behind the scenes in terms of leadership,” Kekana said on the club’s official website.

Sundowns will travel to Nigeria on 23 August to face Enyimba in their final CAF Champions League group encounter, where Kekana will be the commanding force on the field as Masandawana look to claim yet another victory in Africa.

“As individuals, we might have differing opinions about issues, but in the end our common goal as players dictates what we need to do, and we are looking at challenging for trophies. Our goal right now is to win the CAF Champions League,” the midfielder concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment