Powered By Blogger

Thursday 19 May 2016

The 24-year-old initially revealed the tribute to the Barcelona and Argentina superstar before joining Real Madrid in 2013, but now insists the name was not his idea

Real Madrid midfielder Isco says he can no longer walk his dog because he named him after Barcelona icon Lionel Messi.

The 24-year-old, who has been heavily linked with a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu this summer after failing to cement a regular first-team place, revealed the tribute to Messi months before joining Real.

Ahead of his move from Malaga in 2013, Isco said he chose the name because "Messi is the best in the world and so is my dog" - comments which still haunt the player to this day.

So, what's the best way to handle the situation? Blame it on your family!

"I have to say, in my favour, that calling the dog Messi was more my brother and dad's idea than mine," he insisted in an interview with Antena 3.

"I'm washing my hands with it [the naming of the dog], I'm a Madridsta and that's that. I don't walk him anymore, imagine me calling him Messi in the streets."

Still, though, it's a dog's name. Who cares? Apart from Cristiano Ronaldo, of course. Article from Goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment